top of page
“To promote citizen participation from all communities of interest and take cooperative action to protect, conserve and improve the Minnesota River System”
The Minnesota River Congress is a citizen-led group focusing on the natural resource and economic health of the Minnesota River Basin. The Minnesota River Congress started in 2014.
Minnesota River Congress (MRC)Objectives:
• Facilitate general and targeted public outreach and education on all issues and conditions affecting the Minnesota River System.
• Promote, market and advocate for the recreational opportunities in the Minnesota River System
• Provide a basin-wide diverse voice on behalf of the Minnesota Valley relating to improvement and conservation of the Minnesota River System
• Serve as a unifying force to advocate for and assist coordination of river improvement and conservation strategies on a basin-wide scope.
• Communicate basin-wide using all possible networks and opportunities.
• Convene concerned individuals from the entire basin together on a periodic and regular basis to ask for public input and share successful strategies and critical information as it pertains to River improvement and conservation.
• Utilize a basin-wide structure to support local conservation efforts at the major watershed and smaller scale by recognizing that local relationships are critically important to implementation and resolving watershed challenges.
bottom of page